I’m looking for a little help in getting readership back up to where it was at the old site. Between a lack of posts and then changing to the new site, readership has trailed off and I’d like to get it back up again. This isn’t the type of contest that’s going to bring all kinds of new readers to the blog and that’s not what I’m trying to do there. That will be another contest for another time. I’m just looking to make sure that everyone that was reading is still reading and have a little fun whilst sending some stuff out to those people. (New readers will, of course, be welcomed with open arms and welcome to participate in everything.)
There are six ways to earn entries to this contest. Everything will be done in this post with the exception final method of entry.
- Follow the blog. If you like it, please follow it. If not, then don’t. There are plenty of other ways to obtain entries so please don’t feel obligated to click the follow button.
- Add Sports Syzygy to your Blogroll. Also, if you notice that your blog isn’t in mine, let me know and I will add it.
- Feedback on the new site. I know there weren’t huge changes, but what do you think of the new blog. I’m interested in things like the look, name, theme, etc.
- Feedback on my box break videos. What do you think of box break videos and how do you like mine in comparison? I’m definitely not looking for blind praise. How can I make these better. I dug out an old mic to try and address the issue with my voice being so soft. I may add a webcam to my Christmas list if people are enjoying these since it will improve the quality greatly over using the built-in iSight cam.
- Feedback in general. What do I do on this blog that you like? What do you dislike? How can I improve things? Are posts too image heavy? Do you like/dislike having inline images rather than images between paragraphs?
- Follow sportssyzygy on Twitter. I’ll pull the list of followers from there and add them to the mix.
To make things a little easier on me, try to put as many of the first five entries into one post as you can. This will be open until next Sunday at the very least so you’ve got plenty of time. Just post that you’ve completed the first two, if you have, and then put your feedback in that same post.
I’m going to have a random drawing for each of the methods of entry as well as one big final drawing from all of the entries. You can only win once to ensure that things get spread around as much as possible. There wouldn’t be any benefit to winning multiple times anyway. Each of the seven winners will receive a nice stack of cards consisting of their favorite player(s) and team(s). I’ve been busting a lot of stuff lately and need to send some of it away. There may be some fun surprises in there as well. Once this contest is done, I’ll be posting a lot of trade bait from what’s left over so stay tuned for that.
P.S. For those of you with basketball card blogs, if you could mention this blog to some of the other hoops bloggers out there it would be greatly appreciated. With less people interested, the hoops stuff piles up ever more than the baseball stuff. I’ve got all kinds of fun stuff there to trade and send off to better homes.
Thanks to everyone!